Saturday, October 29, 2011

Don't take this time for granted.

Over the past week I've been able to reflect on a lot of things in this life. A week ago today we lost a beautiful, strong, funny, and inspirational person. Astra Lauren Waller lost her battle to Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 20. Stra bird was such an amazing person and so many looked up to her for multiple reasons. We got to celebrate her memory and life during this week, it was so amazing to see so many old friends and team mates. As the funeral ended and we all parted ways I thought to myself "Why do we take the things in life we have for granted?"

Getting to see all these old friends made me think why don't we keep in touch? We all live still in the same state and not to far from each other and these are the circumstances we have to see one another in? I don't want to regret a single thing in this life. We never know when the last time we will see someone or have the opportunity to do something life changing.

All of the fighting and pettiness is not worth it. Staying indoors and doing nothing is not worth it. Holding grudges is not worth it. Friends are always there for you, no matter how long its been since you've talked. But if you have the chance to be with them and talk. Don't take it for granted. 

Astra taught me one thing that I won't ever forget. We were in the hospital room one visit and we were having a chat with Jamie too of course, and I was having a rough time, not sure about what but i know they were asking me about school and life, just catching up. Then Jamie said you gotta look at the glass half full, and i disagreed saying it was half empty... I looked over at Astra and there she was just content in her hospital bed. Never again can i look at the glass half empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment